Safe Child Scheme
Safe child scheme leaflet
The Bentall Centre can be a busy place. So if you're visiting with children make sure you keep a close eye on where they are. But if they do get lost, here's what to do:
- Stay calm
- If you're inside a store, tell the people at the nearest till or checkout
- If you're in the Centre, alert the nearest security staff
- Listen carefully to any public address announcements
- Call the police.
It's a fact, toddlers and children like to wander. So to make sure they're as safe as possible here are a few things you should do:
- Teach your child to recite their name, address and telephone number
- Sew their name into their clothing
- Make sure your child stays close to you and holds your hand when shopping
- Use reins or wrist straps in busy places
- Don't leave your children unsupervised in play areas
- Teach your children to recognise the 'Safe Child' picture and make sure your children know how to recognise the shopping centre staff.
Also, teach your child these simple instructions - in case they do get lost:
1 - Stop, stand still, look, but do not run around
2 - If you see the person you're shopping with, go straight back to them and hold their hand
3 - If you can't see who you were with, go straight to a till or check-out
4 - If you get lost when you're not in a shop or on the street - go to the nearest shop and tell the person at the checkout
5 - Do not approach anyone else.